Video-Setting Up AllMed PM
Setting Up AllMed PM: A Detailed Guide
After installing the AllMed PM software, there are several key steps to follow:
- System Configuration
- Go to System > Information. This information is essential for two main reasons:
- It's sent to the clearing house. When you sign up with a clearing house, you'll register using this information as the biller or the doctor.
- It can be printed on the patient's statement. You have the flexibility to print additional details on the patient statement as well.
- Complete the form with your information and click Save.
- System Options
- Navigate back to System > Options. There are few essential settings to explore here:
- Patient Account Number (PAN): You can establish the starting point for your PAN sequence. If you're migrating from another database, you can continue with the existing sequence. Alternatively, you can choose to use the patient's first and last name in the PAN.
- Default Area Code: If you primarily bill within a single area code, input that area code here. It will be automatically added whenever you create a new patient profile.
- After configuring these settings, navigate to the Data tab. Consider enabling the following options:
- Do Not Allow a Future Date of Service: Prevents entry of claims with service dates exceeding the claim entry date.
- Do Not Allow a Date of Service Older Than [x] Days: Stops entry of claims with a service date that exceeds the specified number of days in the past.
- Claims Auto Copay: If your practice typically collects the copay upfront, enabling this option will automatically reflect that a copay was collected each time you file a claim.
- Allow Saving with Uncompleted Mandatory Fields: If you often take calls to schedule appointments and don't have all the patient's information at hand, this feature allows you to save a patient record with only a few details filled in.
- After adjusting these settings to your needs, click Save.
- Report Setup
- For the final time in this stage, navigate to System > Report Setup and set your preferred printer by clicking on the drop-down list. If you have multiple printers, select the one you'd like to use for AllMed PM. Click Close once done.
- Provider Setup
- Now, go to Setup > Provider > Add. The ID code here is for quick selection. If you have multiple providers, you may use initials or similar short codes. Fill in the form, and then click Save.
- Facility Setup
- Under the provider details, click on Facility > Add. Like the Provider setup, you can use a short code for easier selection. Fill in the rest of the form, then click Save and set it as the default. If the pay-to address differs from the service address, ensure to fill that out as well.
- Procedure Setup
- Go back to Setup > Procedures to input your procedure codes. Start by clicking Import and selecting the codes you want from the dropdown list. Once imported, you can adjust the fees and other details as needed. After finalizing the procedure details, click Save.
- Modifier Setup
- In Setup > Modifier, add your modifiers by clicking Add. After filling out the form, remember to go back to your procedure codes and attach the modifier accordingly.
The final setup task before adding a patient and claim is to input your insurance company data. Note that it's possible to add a new insurance company not already in the database when you are adding a patient. Let's get started with this task.
First, navigate to Setup and select Insurance. Click on the Add button. The next step involves the Insurance Code. This serves the same purpose as it does for procedure or provider - for swift key selection. You might want to use initials or an abbreviation for ease.
Next, input the Name and Type of insurance. If your insurance filing is electronic, you'll need to input the Payer ID obtained from the clearing house. If it's not electronic, stick with the paper option for now.
Note that you won't need to meddle with the Options just yet. These options come into play when you start sending in claims. Considering the vast number of insurance companies across the United States, each with its unique set of rules, you may need to navigate through a variety of clearing options.
Remember, if your claim gets rejected, the first place to investigate is here. This is where you might find a solution to rectify the problem.
Finally, fill in the Address and other relevant details. Once you're done, go ahead and click on the Save button.